Day 4 – 2014 ICE Conference
Engaging Tasks are an easy-to-implement real world learning strategy. An Engaging Task tells a little story (only a paragraph or so!) that gives the students a reason for doing the work.
- What’s an Engaging Task?
- The Three Parts of an Engaging Task
- What Makes for a Great Engaging Task?
- Getting Better at Engaging Tasks Through Revision
- Sample elementary Engaging Tasks(pdf)
- Sample middle school & high school Engaging Tasks(pdf)
- Engaging Tasks feedback form (pdf)